This is primarily a Tulane football blog, although I do occasionally comment on all matters Tulane that may or may not be any of my business. I love following Tulane Greenwave football, zing-zang Bloody Marys, hostessing cute tailgating parties, and life in New Orleans. It's fabulous. oh and I adore Mr. Hullabaloo. PS This blog is not affiliated in any way "officially" with Tulane University or Tulane Athletics. It is purely the crazy antics and obsessions of Mr. and Mrs. Hullabaloo who love them some greenwave (I say tee-ay (!) y'all).

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gameday Dresses part deux

So the past few weekends, Mrs. Hullabaloo has been Project Runway-ing outfits the night before leaving for games.


this cute little ensemble was quite successful for our UAB trip.

Yes, I know that I have an abudance of green and blue dresses and outfits, but I wanted logo'd stuff.

I made a long sleeve one for Army, but I may burn it now....

Anyways, I ran across these other cute ones from other schools (below) and posting to share.


Please note that I do not claim ownership of these photos, but I thought they were cute. I don't remember where I saved them from, so if they are yours remind me and I will give you proper credit. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anyways, the reason for my Project Runway marathons the night before hitting the road for away games is that I am SO over the "shrink it and pink it" mentality of the Collegiate Licensing Industrial Complex. Or at least the one that governs Green Wave Merchandise, so I am opting to make my own.

I have been deluged with requests to make these for other Greenie Dat-ettes, but you see Coach and Mrs. Hullabaloo would rather use our disposable income on more fun things than legal defense, so no. You must make your own until someone in the Collegiate Licensing Industrial Complex finally decides to start making cute Tulane dresses.

I will, however, point you in the right direction. First: buy two shirts. Then I loosely followed the instructions from this website and then just started freestyling a little to come up with my own touches. It usually takes me about 3-4 hours to make a dress. Using 2 t-shirts makes it a lot easier because you have a built in hem situation happening.

Anyways, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment