This is primarily a Tulane football blog, although I do occasionally comment on all matters Tulane that may or may not be any of my business. I love following Tulane Greenwave football, zing-zang Bloody Marys, hostessing cute tailgating parties, and life in New Orleans. It's fabulous. oh and I adore Mr. Hullabaloo. PS This blog is not affiliated in any way "officially" with Tulane University or Tulane Athletics. It is purely the crazy antics and obsessions of Mr. and Mrs. Hullabaloo who love them some greenwave (I say tee-ay (!) y'all).

Friday, September 2, 2011

Don't you just LOVE, LOVE?


Yes I knew you would! These are some of the items from my Shopping Alerts which I took and had embroidered and Greenie'd Up.


Duffle Bag from Target, Pajama pants also from Target and Three quarter length polo from Sears.


Adorable-ness! Now, once my chandelier is up and running I will feel complete.

So tomorrow we have not let adversity slow us down. Nope. We have amended our Tailgate menu to a N'Awlin's Brunch Menu. Serving up tomorrow: Praline Bacon, My tried, but true, Savory Breakfast Bread Pudding (click for recipe), Shrimp+Grits, Mini Muffalata Sandwiches, Fried Chicken with Pepper Jelly, Chickory coffee and Mimosas+Bloody Marys.

I also got Hi Do Bakery to make me a green+sky blue cream cheese king cake.

Yum-ooo y'all!

Praline Bacon Recipe inspired by Elizabeth's on Chartres

1 lb. Thick cut Bacon (or Turkey Bacon)
4 Tbsp Steen’s Cane Syrup
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Pecans, toasted and chopped
tiniest smidgen of cayenne

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place a wire rack on a sheet tray. Combine the Pecans and brown sugar. Lay the bacon side by side on the rack, place in for about 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is sizzling and starting to brown around the edges. We are aiming to for the bacon to be about three quarters cooked all the way before drizzling with the praline topping.

Gather bacon closer together in the pan and sprinkl with the cane syrup, this will give the praline ingredients something to hang on with. Cover generously with the Pecan/brown sugar. Place back in the oven for about 10 minutes more or until the topping is bubbly and the bacon is good and brown. Let cool and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment