This is primarily a Tulane football blog, although I do occasionally comment on all matters Tulane that may or may not be any of my business. I love following Tulane Greenwave football, zing-zang Bloody Marys, hostessing cute tailgating parties, and life in New Orleans. It's fabulous. oh and I adore Mr. Hullabaloo. PS This blog is not affiliated in any way "officially" with Tulane University or Tulane Athletics. It is purely the crazy antics and obsessions of Mr. and Mrs. Hullabaloo who love them some greenwave (I say tee-ay (!) y'all).

Monday, October 22, 2012

Meanwhile Back at The Hullabaloo Ranch


These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with my discussion below, other than double dipping this post as a tutorial on the making of homecoming mums.

Sad weekend for Mrs. Hullabaloo. Try as I might, we could not make a trip to El Paso happen. I am torturing Coach Hullabaloo about it, because I would have loved to have been there.

Although I did have quite a productive weekend. Mrs. Hullabaloo found Pintrest (follow me). and now I have all kinds of cute ideas to set my tailgating ablaze!

I also singlehandedly got us into the SEC. Well, an SEC tailgating blog roll anyways. Hoo-ray for Gameday Belles!


So two things about our game v. UTEP, well, three.

Yes, it was a good game. Coach Hullabaloo made us Frito Pie, another Texas Treat, in honor of playing the miners. Which - y'all - this meal is soooo not recommended for nail biter games, y'all. I literally wanted to just have a heart attack already and be done with it. But overall, I just have to say: it is quite a quandry which is better: getting a complete shellacking and digesting a proper meal, or outright dropping a winnable game and feeling ill.


A Loss is A Loss says I. and while the team is losing better, I want a WIN dernit. TPTB better not be thinking we can just hang our hat on a couple of wins and some moral victories to placate us. My tailgating parties deserve it afterall! I take no prisoners in crafting our weekly tailgating parties and show no mercy to Coach Hullabaloo's bank account.


My other two points I wanted to make was, What in Tarnation are We Gonna Do When Ryan Griffin Graduates? Jesus, Joseph and Mary, pray for us.

and lastly: why was Erleens Darka not given the ball to help us pound into the endzone or give us a first down after that 4th Q fumble recovery?


alas...UAB is up next and we are doing a BBQ theme tailgate. Dreaming of Mason Jars, Gingham and Burlap...it's gonna be some kind of awesome, I guarantee!

No comments:

Post a Comment