This is primarily a Tulane football blog, although I do occasionally comment on all matters Tulane that may or may not be any of my business. I love following Tulane Greenwave football, zing-zang Bloody Marys, hostessing cute tailgating parties, and life in New Orleans. It's fabulous. oh and I adore Mr. Hullabaloo. PS This blog is not affiliated in any way "officially" with Tulane University or Tulane Athletics. It is purely the crazy antics and obsessions of Mr. and Mrs. Hullabaloo who love them some greenwave (I say tee-ay (!) y'all).

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sweep Shirts....

Jake Gautreaux and Coach RJ just as annoyed as I am with UCF. Of course Gautreaux got bounced for having dip on the field (so embarrassed at that), but so proud of RJ! Photo from Rivals.

Where are my uber annoying UCF fan/readers? I so want your take on this weekend's baseball series!

I have to say that I so love that Rick Jones got ejected on his 1000th win. I fully admit that I would have preferred that RJ had gotten his 1000th against the Tiggers, but I will settle that it was at UCF. Yes indeed. and in Orlando to boot.

We had a mini tailgate for the game v. les tigres. We literally set up burger grilling on Mr. Jim's tailgate. It was very rustic. Nadine went on Koozie's car.

The funniest story to share: I was plum exhausted after the Spring Tailgating Festivus and all that went into putting that up. So we didn't really make any plans for the LSU game. When Priscilla called to say that Mr. Jim would be grilling burgers for a simple tailgate and for me to bring me a turkey patti, I was grateful.

I tossed together the seasoning ingredients for my no-mistake recipe and doubled bagged them in a ziplock. Packed them up together with some turkey patties into a shoulder cooler Coach Hullabaloo got from the Conk Naquin/Ray Hester Golf Tournament and then raced out of the house for a busy weekday of activities. I put the cooler on the roof of my car to get myself organized in the car and then promptly sped away. 2 hours later I rememberd that I had left the cooler on top of the car. Bye Bye coooler. LOL!

But the good thing that came out of it was when I went to buy replacement turkey patties and my favorite gluten-free hamburger buns, I discovered these Applegate Farm patties which are very good.

There were like 7 metry moms (you know what I mean) henpecking just 1 butcher at the Whole Foods on Vets, and I was in a rush. I spotted this package out of the corner of my eye and thanked God for pointing it out to me so I could scat out of there as quickly as possible.


I don't know why turkey burgers are hard for meatatarians to wrap their heads around, but whatever. I have found that this combination of the Cayon Bakehouse Gluten-Free buns and the Applegate patties are delicious and convenient way to keep tailgates healthy and easy.

Okay, so I really don't have a comperehensive edition for today - I apologize - just some parts and pieces of things that I found that I wanted to post and share....so bear with me, ok?

First - this is SOOOO totally a dare. Just you wait peoples for the Mrs. Hullabloo version.


Coach Hullabaloo HATED my chandelier and passive aggressively broke it on purpose. So now I have a new idea to put together over the summer for fall football tailgating. It will be completely over the top. and Coach Hullabaloo will hate it too.

Then I ran across these neat Tulane Greenwave football program covers from years past. Aren't they great?




Snicker on the Budweiser promotion in '82. Gotta love it, Only in New Orleans, Only at Tulane. right?

And then finally, I ran across these cute football themed party ideas.




The "burgers" at the bottom of the top pic are actually cupcakes. Too cute right? The Pennants are my favorite touch and will be debuted next season for Tulane Homecoming tailgating, I promise

...and now finally, to address some issues of serious importance. 2011 Tailgating Menus options...let me know what you think?

SLU: Bloody Mar bar + fixings, BBQ Shrimp, Muffalettas, Stuffed Artichokes, Mother's Jambalaya, Popeyes, Rouse's crawfish dip, Robert's shrimp dip, Fruit Salad

Tulsa: What else would be appropriate, but Pigs in Pen (hot dogs+chili+cheese inside Hi Do pistolettes), corn on the cob OR Williams-Sonoma southfork corn salad ????

Syracuse: Grilled Brat Hoagies, Shiskabobs, German potato salad, old settler's beans, cookies and Arnold Palmers.

UTEP: Tex-Mex Fajitas, Priscilla's enchiladas and spanish rice, salsa and the famous guacamole and chips.

Memphis: ooohhh...but of course BBQ. Rendezvous in Louisiana fo' sho. Priscilla's Brisket, Peggy's Ribs, BBQ Chicken, Priscilla's potato salad, green bean salad, Cheddar cornbread muffins and Honey Mustard Coleslaw.

Houston: Dress your own Burger Bar with blue brie cheese, swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, an array of mayos, mustards, etc. and Cowboy Caviar Salad.

This recipe sounds soooooo good! Can't wait to try it!


Cowboy Caviar Salad from myrecipes.com and photo by Norman Plate

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
couple shakes of hot sauce
helping of olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
sprinkle of ground black pepper
1 firm-ripe avocado
1 can (15 oz.) black-eyed peas
1 can (11 oz.) sweet corn kernels
2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 pound Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
Salt

In a large bowl mix vinegar, hot sauce, oil, garlic, and pepper. Cut avocado into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to vinegar mixture and mix gently to coat to keep from browning. Drain and rinse peas and corn. Add peas, corn, onions, cilantro, and tomatoes to avocado; mix gently to coat. Add salt to taste. Serving suggestions: 1 bag (6 oz.) tortilla chips to scoop as a dip or 2 cups finely shredded cabbage to toss in for a salad

.....yummmmmm, just 5 months to tailgating season!

No comments:

Post a Comment