This is primarily a Tulane football blog, although I do occasionally comment on all matters Tulane that may or may not be any of my business. I love following Tulane Greenwave football, zing-zang Bloody Marys, hostessing cute tailgating parties, and life in New Orleans. It's fabulous. oh and I adore Mr. Hullabaloo. PS This blog is not affiliated in any way "officially" with Tulane University or Tulane Athletics. It is purely the crazy antics and obsessions of Mr. and Mrs. Hullabaloo who love them some greenwave (I say tee-ay (!) y'all).

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bonnie Schmonnie


A "sounds fabulous" drink recipe via The Drunken Tailgate. Might try it this weekend as we welcome Bonnie to our shores..

Dark and Stormy
2 oz Dark Rum Bourbon
4 oz Ginger Beer

"Add rum bourbon and ginger beer to ice filled glass and stir. Garnish with lime. Talk like a pirate red-neck Jamaican."

arrggg....

UPDATE: found genuine Ginger Beer (from Jamaica) in the gourmet and natural food aisle (adjacent to the Kosher and Diet food) at Rouse's in Mid-City. Tried this cocktail with our contraband Havana Club Ron (real rum from Havana, Cuba) and it was not as fabulous as I'd anticipated. Tried it with Jim Beam bourbon, and I was in heaven, girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment