This is primarily a Tulane football blog, although I do occasionally comment on all matters Tulane that may or may not be any of my business. I love following Tulane Greenwave football, zing-zang Bloody Marys, hostessing cute tailgating parties, and life in New Orleans. It's fabulous. oh and I adore Mr. Hullabaloo. PS This blog is not affiliated in any way "officially" with Tulane University or Tulane Athletics. It is purely the crazy antics and obsessions of Mr. and Mrs. Hullabaloo who love them some greenwave (I say tee-ay (!) y'all).

Friday, March 13, 2009

Confusion With the Cowboys

!BREAKING!

Everything is all a buzz over at thewavereport.com today. Major Drama.

Phone calls are a flying back and forth between June Jones, Bob Toledo and Matt Viator at this exact moment I suspect.

Apparently, everybody wants to play the Tulane Greenwave September 26, 2009.

We Are In Demand. Folks are upset. (Who could have imagined?)

As noted below, Tulane scheduled itself to be in Dallas September 26th and at home September 19th with the McNeese Cowboys. But oh no, says Mr. Viator, our contract states we are to be in New Orleans September 26th for a football game at the Dome.

Mr. Viator even claims that 5,000 to 10,000 (!) McNeese fans have hotel reservations.

I personally witnessed 6 McNeese fans at the baseball game last week, so I will be much impressed to welcome the throngs of thousands more.

I hope this all gets sorted out amicably. I want to personally see what a crowd of 5,000 to 10,000 absolutely silent fans look like. You know, since their was nary a peep out of the 6 that came to Turchin.

Are their football cheers in sign? Do their cheerleaders moonlight as mimes? I want to get to the bottom of this. These are things I want to know.

Update: McNeese will pour into New Orleans September 26th as they had planned. No panicked calls to hotels regarding lost reservations. We will play SMU on November 28. The day after Thanksgiving. Boo Hiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment